Sunday, May 9, 2010

Need a Snack??? Try Kale Chips!

It's recipe time!   If you're looking for something different and easy to make give Kale Chips a try.  These make a great snack, and if Kale's not your thing, this procedure also works well with zucchini and eggplant too.  I have to warn you though - it's VERY easy to eat the whole batch!  Give them a try and let me know what you think!

Kale Chips

Ingredients:
1 bunch Kale
Olive Oil
Seasonings (your choice)

Procedure:
1.  Separate and wash kale leaves.  (Or buy a bag of pre-washed kale.)


2.  Tear kale into medium to large sized pieces. (It will shrink a lot as it loses water!!) 

3.  Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet.  (I line mine with a sheet of aluminum foil for easy clean up!)


4.  Drizzle or spray well with olive oil.

4.  Season to your taste.  I use garlic powder and a salt-free seasoning blend like Mrs. Dash.  Experiment to find out which flavors you like best! 

5.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes until they are dry and crunchy.  Watch the chips carefully - they go from done to ashes extremely quickly.  I speak from experience...


6.  Now the hard part...  Try not to eat them all at one time!  Enjoy!

If you're in search of quick, portable, Paleo friendly protein snacks check out Paleo Brands grass-fed jerky. It's AWESOME!!

Comments...

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love kale chips! I usually make mine with dinosaur kale since it holds up better than more delicate varieties. I have become a pro at stripping the leaves from the stalks--hold the end in one hand and grab the stem with the other and just pull up the stem, cleanly extracting the leaves. My husband and I can easily eat 2 bunches each!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally going to give this one a go! sounds delish =)

    ReplyDelete